Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The blogger is born

Statutory Warning :

The following material contains non stop blah blah... this
guy is trying something like this for the first time... at times
the reader might feel this guy is arrogant,nutts, boasting
et al ...which ,with all honesty ,is not intentional... if the
reader is dissappointed at the end of it then the writer is
not responsible for the loss of time or disappointment ...(unless the writer himself is reading this)

I was thinking about having a blog for sometime now, 1
year to be precise! I would have been here few months
back itself had not a power shortage wrecked havoc in my
hard disc and the contents of C drive got formatted... there
vanished away all those stuff which I had scribbled in
notepad for almost 1 year in anticipation of creating a blog,
alongwith my dad's invaluable documents.... I always used
to tell dad about having a backup of his articles which were in the system and he used to say...
"Son, 
dont you worry about that , I know the articles are safer
inside your system than in my cupboard and I am never
gona scold you for loosing a single article... I promise"
(to back up those files....a CD writer was necessary for
them to be written into a CD... So, this unusual concern
about dad's articles was not without a reason...and he,
being my dad , was very much aware about my
"concern"...ofcourse a CD writer had numerous other
possibilities!!! )

The response which I got from dad on telling him that all his

articles have gone , gone with the wind...(oops, gone with
the current, I should say)was something which made
me think about hurricane Katrina (which was blowing
outside then...inside it wasn't much different).
he got
scheizophernic with angst ,outrage, disappointment...
he scolded the power supply ,the system, microsoft,
bill gates, electricity board, KSEB minister and finally the
focus shifted to me...yeah, there stood I-the culprit,
suspecting whether he is normal or not...? and he proved
me he is very much normal...because he remembered each
and every article's name which he had written over the last few
years and he knew there was no back up... Katrina lasted for an hour or so... in between I heard phrases like "hard disc, useless imbicle, friend's house,take back up in CD, " I never knew my
dad was this educated..!

Few days after the "great power blackout" I managed to ask

dad "you said you wont scold me even if single article is lost" to which he said .....'even if "a single" article is lost, is what I said 'I had misinterpreted the unmistakable.unpardonable indeed !!!
Formatting drive C caused me damages more severe than
those caused by 9/11 to Bush...! all those photos for Orkut
which I had created in photoshop (which had those gimmicks in me which were a far cry in real skin), numerous 1 liners which I had created outta extensive research to lure girls to accept my friends request in social site networks, the cinematic dance video of 'Fine Arts' during college (which was the only time I entered a stage) and numerous other losses which were deeper than ground zero.

moral of the story---



A "single" loop hole is deep enough to burry a promise...!

6 comments:

deeps said...

gud start!!!:)

i lost a lot too wen i updated my pc....whole ar rahman collection of music lotsa games...sigh..nw ive learnt got back for evrything:)

gud read...keep bloggin tc
:)

kalpathi said...

hey! Good start.... keep up with the blogging so that people like us can read and learn :)

Raj said...

thanx a ton gals..!!! its your encouragement thats making me go forward...!

Mithun said...

Hi Raj
Good start man
Nice layout!
Keep on posting.. We are missing your blunders alot.............

Raj said...

@mp3

thanx dood....blunders , eh.... :P

Moonlight n Magnolias said...

he he... I had a very similar experience recently when I formatted my PC... miraculously, my dad's articles and documents were saved!!!