Monday, October 22, 2012

Alliance Invited

Dad: Its time that you get married

Son: What ??

Dad: So your mom and your cousin formed an allegiance and he has created a profile for you in Barat Matrimony.

Son: What the ??

Dad: Glad that you stopped at 'What the'

Son: I would have said 'what the hell'  anyways and not what you thought it would be.

Dad: Well, I thought, considering that its marriage that's being discussed ,'What the' other word would have been more appropriate. The gravity of the situation demands such words. You should think futuristically when you swear!

Son : Your suggestion is appreciated. I really wonder whether you are matured enough to be my dad !

Dad : Well son, growing older is inevitable but growing up is optional.

Son: Ok stop. Dont get into philosophy , you are a wise little nutt. I cant believe my alleged cousin actually could do this to me.

Dad : Your mom has a knack of getting things done even from her biggest enemies. Your cousin is a poor little obedient fellow.

Son : Knack of getting things done, is it !

Dad : Yeah, how do you think you came into existence.

Son ; Dad !! Ok, so you were saying I need to get married and what in this world makes you think that I am going to agree to what you say ?

Dad : Why ? Aren't you straight ?

Son : Dad !  I meant , how could you assume that I will tie the knot to someone of your choice or mom's choice.

Dad : Your mom was my choice and I was hers and we have survived 30 years together so I presume our choice offers durability.

Son: I cant afford to believe in arranged marriage!

Dad: You cant afford to believe in God, that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist

Son: Sorry, I think we were talking about my profile in the matrimony site.

Dad: Yes, so why dont you check it out and do few updations and check out few other profiles out there.

Son: I am not ready for marriage

Dad : Who said so ?

Son: I am yet to get out of my last break up

Dad: Oh, when did that happen?

Son: Leave it, things didn't work out with her so I had to fall out

Dad : You mean fall out of the bed ?

Son: Dad, would you mind !

Dad : Haven't you slept with her ?

Son: For god's sake dad !

Dad : No wonder it didn't workout !

Son: What do you want me to do now ? Check out my profile, right. Here , have your seat.

Dad: This site looks quite tempting! Even I feel like creating a profile.

Son : Ah, these girls in the home page smiling at us, its just advertisement. They have been remaining singles for the last decade even after registering here.
Ok, here's my profile. Looks to be ok. Our beloved cousin seems to have got the stats about me right.

Dad: I only gave it to him.

Son:  You too brutus !

Dad: Ok,see the notifications there, those are preferred matches, right ?

Son: When did you attain this level of computer literacy !  will have to seriously consider hiding all my .dll files

Dad: Hey check this one out, she looks pretty.

Son: Don't go by the photos dad, its all photoshopped.

Dad: But then , so is yours, right ?

Son: Whose dad are you ? Mine or the girl's ?

Dad: Go check this one's stats, she looks your type.

Son: Its better if I browse in solace.

Dad : I wouldn't mind, provided you give me your username and password.

Son: Actually, for whom are we looking for an alliance? You or me ?
By the way, this girl looks like a prospect.

Dad: I thought you said something about arranged marriage sometime ago.

Son: Well, I like being flexible.

Dad: Let me have look at her. Wow! No wonder you want to be flexible now. Check out her partner preference.  
 
Son: Well...Looks like affluent.

Dad: Annual income of prospective partner should fall in the bracket of 15 lakhs to 25 lakhs.

Son: Will that matter if she sees me in person and then assess

Dad:  Most definitely it will. Your income , my income and if my father were alive then his income put together wont come that much.

Son: I wonder why would someone who earns 20 lakhs a year wants to get married at all.

Dad: Its another way of paying your taxes! I appreciate your pattern of thought though , it shows of a paradigm shift towards the west.  



Dad: Something is written about place of residence?

Son: Let me check.  

Dad: It would be better if its Kerala.

Son: List of states that the groom could belong to is Wisconsin, California, Virginia, New Jersey and Utah.

Dad: Wow! Do you even know the names of all the states in India, forget U.S

Son: I thought ‘States’ means Kerala State, Tamizh Nadu State etc. 



Dad: I see the Sorry State of affairs.

Son: Thats it for the day. I 'll pursue the search tomorrow, alone.

Dad: I asked for the username and password. I want to play my part in finding a daughter in law

Son: Dad, dont get into unlawful activities.

Dad: Before you log out check out that one.

Son: Wow! Dad, what an eve teaser you would have been a few decades back!

Dad: Zoom in on her photo

Son: No use, her partner preference mandates six packs. I 'd rather offer six packets!

Dad: I'd give 8/10, its a nice angle in which this photo has been taken.

Son: And they only prefer someone who is either MBBS, MD, MBA, M.Tech, MIT, M.S...obsessed with M, it seems ! And the boy should be someone who is fun loving , well settled, highly cultured, adhering to family values, god fearing, who will take good care of my daughter. She aspires to do MBA after marriage in the U.S. ,so he might have to consider relocating to U.S with a respectable enough job. Fair enough !   

Dad: Does she know cooking ?

Son: Not specified

Dad: Fair enough




Son: Dad, why do people get married ?

Dad: So that people like you can ask the same question to their dad again and again and again.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Good one da...the "dad" is super cool!..:P

Raj said...

@Sunshine

Thanks. I wanted to present a dad who would get as unconventional as possible. Glad that you liked.